2020 - 21 Members
Lynn Pillitteri, Biology
Jim Vyvyan. Chemistry
Yudong Liu, Computer Science
John Lund, Engineering & Design
Colin Amos. Geology
Andy Berget, Math
Milton From, Physics
Sue DeBari, SMATE
Milton From, AMSEC
The Personnel Committee considers applications forwarded to it by the Dean and makes recommendations to the Dean regarding the four following personnel matters in the College of Sciences and Engineering:
- Professional Leave
- Tenure and Promotion
- Post Tenure Review
- Special Merit, Equity/Compression, and Other Salary Adjustments
- Changes in policy or procedures to the Policy, Planning, and Budget Council.
- Verifies that standards set in the COPEP, departmental addenda to the COPEP, and the CBA are applied fairly and that appropriate procedures are followed.
- Requests, through the office of the Dean, additional information and/or consultation to make its recommendations.
- Reports on annual activities to PPBC before the end of spring quarter each year.
- The faculty of each department and program (see below) in the College selects one member for the committee. The member shall be a tenured faculty member and shall not be the departmental chair or program director.
A center or group qualifies as a "program" for the purpose of membership when it meets the following criteria: (1) It includes faculty members from different departments with at least 75% of them housed in departments of the College and (2) it has its own criteria or processes for developing curriculum, for review of faculty performance, and/or for hiring tenure-track or non-tenure-track faculty. The current programs in the College are the Science, Math, and Technology Education group (SMATE) and the Advanced Materials Science and Engineering Center (AMSEC).
- The term of service is two years, with approximately half of the membership selected each year. No member shall serve more than six consecutive years.
- A majority of voting members shall constitute a quorum for all business of the committee. The committee determines its own procedures and officers, typically designating a chair and at the start of the academic year.