Academic scholarships are provided by the college for students within the College of Science and Engineering. Click on the awards below to read more details about application criteria and procedures.
Because these scholarships require information related to family background or familial structure, students are invited to self-nominate.
- To support the success of undergraduate students working toward reducing or eliminating anti-Black racism in STEM.
- For undergraduate single parents majoring in a STEM field.
- For first generation undergraduate students majoring in a STEM field.
- For undergraduate students with financial need who were raised by a single, divorced, or widowed parent.
Department Nominated Scholarships
- For full-time students or high school seniors or college transfer students intending to be full time students at Western.
- For resident of Washington State who have completed at least one year of higher education.
- For an undergraduate or graduate student who has financial need and is pursuing academic work in research, internships, or summer projects in the behavioral neurosciences, health sciences including pre-medicine, or computer sciences.
- To provide support for undergraduate students in the College of Science and Engineering; preference will be given to students majoring in Biology or Chemistry.
- For undergraduate or graduate students who are residents of Washington State.
- For an undergraduate student studying planetary science or engaged in planetary research.
- For a graduate student in a STEM program.
- For an undergraduate student majoring in a CSE department or program, or in the Institute for Energy Studies. Where possible, preference will be given to diverse students who demonstrate financial need.
Questions about any of these scholarships? Contact us at (360) 650-6400 or by email at email@example.com