The Department of Mathematics is pleased to offer reimbursement to Western students for their actuarial exam fees, thanks to a generous fund recently established by Western alumni. The fund will encourage more students to pursue careers in actuarial science by removing a financial barrier to entering the field. Please consider making a contribution to this fund, via the following link.
For Students: Eligibility and Procedure for Claiming Reimbursement
- Reimbursement is only for exams that have been passed.
- The exam fee being reimbursed is for the exam passed. This is not to be interpreted as a reimbursement for any previous failed attempts at the exam.
- The exam must be passed, and proof of a passing score (6 or higher) must be provided, before the student graduates from Western.
- The program begins on January 1, 2019. Exams taken before this date are ineligible.
- The following exams offered by the Society of Actuaries are eligible: P (Probability), and FM (Financial Mathematics).
- To claim this reimbursement, bring proof that the exam has been passed to Teresa Sherwood in the Math office (Bond Hall 202). The provisional certification of passing, available immediately after the exam, is sufficient for this purpose.