Resources for New Majors
Students who have formally declared their biology major will receive an email from the Department verifying their declaration and intended biology emphasis (if listed), their faculty advisor assignment, and an important statement regarding the GPA requirement for all majors and the biology minor. As a new major, there will no doubt be many questions! Check out the resources listed below for additional information:
- View a comprehensive list of all biology degree programs (BA, BS and combined major options).
- Review our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page.
- Read our First Day Attendance and Waitlist Policies.
- Access the faculty and graduate TA Directories (lists phone, email & office hours)
- Review the Registration tab for important information regarding major restrictions for each biology course.
- Like the Biology Department on Facebook to stay in the loop and connect with other WWU biology students and alumni.
- Create a profile with Viking Career Link to explore jobs and internships within biology and related fields.