The Biology Department encompasses areas ranging from molecular biology to ecosystem ecology. This breadth is reflected in our curriculum and in faculty and student research. Our joint mission of teaching and research strongly complement each other and provide students with an educational experience of very high quality.
In support of the mission of Western Washington University and the College of Sciences and Engineering, the mission of the Biology Department is to provide an outstanding learning environment that integrates education, scholarship, and service in order to actively engage students in the biological sciences and foster their development as lifelong learners.
- Southern Resident orca hunting behavior studied for clues to survival
- Biology's Merrill Peterson to discuss his new book, 'Pacific Northwest Insects,' Feb. 21
- WWU’s Eric DeChaine Receives $225k NPS Grant to Research Plants Across the North Pacific
- Traffic noise stresses out frogs, but some have adapted
- Grad Student Explores Sea Star Wasting Disease
|Phase II Advancement Workshop||
Feb 20 4:00pm
|Spatiotemporal Diversity of Alpine Snow Algae Communities...||
Feb 28 2:00pm
|What skills do biology majors need for success in modern...||
Mar 06 4:00pm