The Biology Department encompasses areas ranging from molecular biology to ecosystem ecology. This breadth is reflected in our curriculum and in faculty and student research. Our joint mission of teaching and research strongly complement each other and provide students with an educational experience of very high quality.
In support of the mission of Western Washington University and the College of Sciences and Engineering, the mission of the Biology Department is to provide an outstanding learning environment that integrates education, scholarship, and service in order to actively engage students in the biological sciences and foster their development as lifelong learners.
- WWU Faculty members start new 'Community Office Hours' project
- Faculty Awards & Recognition Ceremony set for April 25
- U.S. scientists to climb Everest, collect data on climate
- MIT's Harriet Ritvo to present 'A Whiff of Danger: Hybridity, Breed, and Wildness' April 4
- Jonte’ C. Taylor and Beronda L. Montgomery to keynote WWU’s 6th Annual Irwin Slesnick STEM Symposium April 26
|Synchronization of Mitochondrial and Cytosolic Translation...||
May 22 4:00pm
|Regulation of Receptor Mobility and Spatial Organization in...||
May 29 4:00pm