Student Learning Outcomes
Learning outcomes are statements that describe significant and essential learning that have been achieved and can be reliably demonstrated at the end of a course. Materials Science courses offered by AMSEC have established these learning outcomes:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to solve problems related to materials science and engineering.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data using statistical, computational, or mathematical methods.
- Ability to collaborate effectively on multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral formats.
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering and scientific solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.