AMSEC Instrument Scheduling
AMSEC utilizes and manages WWU's online scheduling software. Facilities Online Manager (FOM) is a comprehensive software suite for scheduling equipment, tracking user status, granting lab access, keeping track of training, and much more. Any equipment that is managed by FOM can be accessed through one user portal governed by WWU's CAS login. For a complete list of equipment that AMSEC offers, please see the AMSEC instrumentation page.
Once a user creates an account (see below) with FOM they will be able to
- make online reservations for instrumentation,
- schedule instrument training,
- schedule safety trainings,
- request lab access,
- communicate with staff.
Creating User Account on FOM
- Use green Online Instrument Reservations button above. This will take you to the WWU portal for FOM.
- Select “Click here to login with WWU ID if you are a member of WWU.” A WWU Universal Login page will open. Enter your Western credentials.
- Fill out the User Registration* form and select submit. * Faculty and Research Associates select yourself as your supervisor.
- Once you have entered the required budget information select “User Home" from the navigation panel on the left. This will take you to the User Home Page where you will see a list of Available Instruments on the right. Registration is not complete until you apply to use an instrument. Select the desired instrument(s) from the list on the right. Only apply for those instruments you intend to use. Note: If the account warning window persists, log out of FOM -- log back in and then return to the User Home Page.
- A message will be sent to staff and your account activated. Once activated, you will see the requested instrument names listed on the left side of the User Home Page.
- You may have to complete one or more trainings to be able to access certain equipment. For a list of trainings available, visit this page.
- Once given access to an instrument, you may have to log out and back in for it to show as available to you.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.