Dates: June 27 – August 5, 2016
Location: Microsoft Redmond Campus
Stipend: Participants will receive $4,800
Equipment Needed: None. Participants will be provided all appropriate hardware/software.
- Six-week seminar focused on productivity, communication and collaboration. During the first week, stud- ents will provide a personal report out on how they use technology and tools in their everyday life as students, friends, and young people in our society. For the remaining five weeks, participants will work together as a team to design and prototype an experience that they’ve identified as a gap/need. Young Technologists (YTs) will attend weekly hands-on trainings led by senior engineers and program managers designed to enhance existing technical skills as well as teach new ones.
- The seminar provides exposure to various tools and programming languages in the field of software devel-opment encouraging students to pursue degrees in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical disciplines. The seminar is centered on exploring Microsoft and the world of technology!
- Office 365 is the original command center! Helping people communicate, manage time, prioritize and connect. We are people of action and innovators working in a fun thriving community dedicated to the future of technology and evolution of email. YTs will be part of the O365 team during the seminar.
Young Technologist Qualifications:
- Candidates must be a college bound high school senior or a college freshmen or sophomore enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program with a demonstrated interest in a related technical major.
- Students must have completed intro. to computer science (or an equivalent class) and one semester of college algebra (or equivalent) by the start of the program.
- If you are qualified and interested in this project, please fill out a YT application
If you are qualified and interested in this project, please fill out a YT application and submit it along with your resume by March 23, 2016 to YoungTech@service.microsoft.com.