Employer: Smith Gardens
Title: IT Applications Coordinator
Description: Smith Gardens, the largest annual and perennial grower in the Pacific Northwest, has an exciting opportunity for an IT Applications Coordinator to join our team at our Home Office in Bellingham, WA. We are a Wholesale Nursery company that is headquartered in Bellingham, Washington, and has been family owned for over 100 years with facilities in Washington, Oregon and California.
IT Applications Coordinator is primarily responsible for supporting line of business software applications for internal Customers. This position will require daily communication between business Customers, technical staff and external vendors to efficiently resolve issues and improve business systems that maximize value to the enterprise. This position will also be called on to serve as a project coordinator; planning, coordinating and managing the implementation of technical systems and software solutions.
- Coordinate and manage assigned projects to successful outcomes
- Documentation of customer requirements, business logic, and workflow processes for new and existing apps
- Provide functional support expertise for ERP application software
- Provide excellent technical support for our Customers by exercising patience and professionalism
- Utilize company help desk solution to track and prioritize workload
- Support all aspects of EDI processing, trading partner communication and EDI Vendor relationships
- Support reporting and import/export needs with SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Management tools
- Work with internal staff and external vendors to coordinate maintenance and upgrades of application software
- Work with suppliers and vendors to resolve support requests
- Ability to handle and adapt to constantly changing workload and priorities
- Work to enforce company IT Policies, guidelines, standards and procedures
- Develop and prepare correspondence and presentation materials for IT Department as required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent problem solving and decision making abilities under pressure
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organizing and planning skills with a results oriented based focus
- Good Understanding of SQL database technologies and basic data analytics
- Good technical skills with client hardware and software used in a standard business environment
- Good working skills with Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio
- Basic Understanding of Internet and Web technologies including https, ssl, html, xml, etc.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of networking technologies
- BA/BS degree in IT related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ progressive technical application management experience
- 3+ years’ experience working with EDI document support and development
- 3+ years’ experience working with SQL Server
- Willingness to work overtime and occasionally outside of normal business hours
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package, which includes Medical/Dental/Vision, 401(k), Company-Paid LTD and a Profit Share Plan.
Come Grow With Us!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and qualifications for the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all functions, duties or qualifications.
Smith Gardens is an EEO employer.
Location: Bellingham, Washington United States
Position Type: Full Time Job, approximately 40 hours/week
Desired Major(s): Science & Engineering/ Computer Science / Computer Science, Science & Engineering/ Computer Science /Computer Science, MS, Science & Engineering/ Computer Science /Computer and Information Systems Security, Business and Economics
Job Function: Computer Science/Statistics
How to Apply
Mar 18, 2020
4164 Meridian St Ste 400 Bellingham, Washington 98226 United States