Jump to navigation
Graduate Plan of Study Information
Plan of Study
- Should be submitted to the Graduate School by the end of your first quarter
- Must be signed by your advisor, and turned in to Chris Sutton
- Link to form
Advancement to Candidacy
- Requires a written proposal and an oral presentation.
- After written proposal has been approved by your committee, bring the signed Thesis Approval card (the "white card") to Chris Sutton (or you can do this online). This will allow you to register for thesis credits. (Thesis topic approval form)
- First you must file the Application for Master's Degree card (the "blue card"). This happens the quarter before you plan to graduate.
- Thesis defenses should be scheduled with Chris Sutton, and typically also occur the quarter before you plan to graduate.
- This happens after your committee has approved the thesis as being ready to defend (link to MS Word file).
- Note that the thesis must be tabled after your committee has approved it and two weeks prior to your defense date.
- Once your thesis is defended, approved, signed, and turned in to the Graduate School, you are done.