Educational & Professional Experience
Ph.D. - University Wyoming, 2012
M.S. - University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, 2007
B.A. - Macalester College, 2004
Areas of Expertise
Stratigraphy and sedimentology of siliciclastic systems, stable isotope geochemistry
- Historical Geology
- Stratigraphy and Sedimentation
- Advanced Stratigraphy
- Depositional Environments
Recent M.S. Students
Anna Lesko, in progress (B.S., Allegheny College)
Kris Phillips, in progress (B.S., Southern Methodist University)
Dirk Rasmussen, 2016 (B.A., Colorado College)
13. D’Emic, M.D., Foreman, B.Z. Jud, N. A. 2016. Anatomy, systematics, paleoenvironment, and age of the sauropod dinosaur Sonorasaurus thompsoni from the Cretaceous of Arizona, USA. Journal of Paleontology 90: 102-132.
12. Foreman, B.Z., Lai, S., Komatsu, Y., Paola, C. 2015. Braiding of submarine channels controlled by aspect ratio similar to rivers. Nature Geoscience 8: 700-703.
11. Foreman, B.Z. Roberts, E.M., Tapanila, L., *Ratigan, D., *Sullivan, P. 2015. Stable isotopic insights into paleoclimatic and alluvial depositional processes in the Kaiparowits Formation (Campanian, south-central Utah, U.S.A.). Cretaceous Research 56: 180-192.
10. Foreman, B.Z. 2014. Climate-driven generation of a fluvial sheet sand-body at the Paleocene-Eocene boundary in northwest Wyoming (U.S.A.). Basin Research 26: 225-241.
9. Snell, K., Koch, P.L., Druschke, P., Foreman, B.Z., Eiler, J.M. 2014. High elevation of the ‘Nevadaplano’ during the Late Cretaceous. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 386: 52-63.
8. Foreman, B.Z., Clementz, M.T., Heller, P.L. 2013. Evaluation of paleoclimatic conditions east and west of the southern Canadian Cordillera in the mid-late Paleocene using bulk organic d13C records. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 376: 103-113.
7. Heller, P.L., Mathers, G., Dueker, K., Foreman, B.Z. 2013. Far-traveled Cretaceous-Paleogene Conglomerates of the Southern Rocky Mountains, USA: Record of transient Laramide tectonism. GSA Bulletin 125: 490-498.
6. Foreman, B.Z., Heller, P.L., Clementz, M.T. 2012. Fluvial response to abrupt global warming at the Palaeocene/Eocene boundary. Nature 491: 92-95.
5. D’Emic, M.D., Foreman, B.Z. 2012. The beginning of the sauropod dinosaur hiatus in North America: Insights from the Cloverly Formation of Wyoming. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 32: 883-902.
4. Foreman, B.Z., Fricke, H.C., Lohmann, K.C., Rogers, R.R. 2011. Reconstructing paleo-catchments by integrating stable isotope records, sedimentology, and taphonomy: A Late Cretaceous case study (Montana, U.S.A.). PALAIOS 26: 545-554.
3. Fricke, H.C., Foreman, B.Z., Sewall, J. 2010. Integrated climate model-oxygen isotope evidence for a North American monsoon during the Late Cretaceous. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 289: 11-21.
2. Foreman, B.Z., Rogers, R.R., Deino, A.L., Wirth, K.R., Thole, J.T. 2008. Geochemical characterization of bentonites in the Two Medicine Formation (Campanian, Montana), including a new 40Ar/39Ar age. Cretaceous Research 29: 373-385.
1. Roberts, E.M., Rogers, R.R., Foreman, B.Z. 2007. Continental insect borings in dinosaur bone: examples from Late Cretaceous of Madagascar and Utah. Journal of Paleontology 81: 201-208.