Elwha Undergraduate Summer Research Award
The purpose of this Fund is to provide $4,000 in summer support for an undergraduate student within the College of Science and Engineering. This funding may be used to pay any costs related to summer research expenses for the recipient, including, but not limited to research materials, supplies, travel to research sites, etc. The remaining $1,000 will be distributed to the recipient’s academic department. This funding will support the expenses of the department in relation to the needs of the summer research project, including, but not limited to research materials, supplies, travel to search site, etc.
Whenever possible I expect preference to be made to applicants who demonstrate outstanding academic merit, and demonstrate financial need. The expenditures will be the responsibility of Western Washington University.
- 1 @ $5,000 (CSE added $1000 to make it match the Javier award) (2018-19)
- For an undergraduate majoring in a CSE program
- Based on overall merit, and where applicable, demonstrated financial need
- Research must be supervised by an appropriate faculty mentor
- Each department and program may nominate one student
Application guidelines will be updated soon. Thank you for your patience.
Questions about scholarships? Contact Mikayla King at (360)650-6400 or by email at email@example.com
Kerry Roberts-Nygren, 2019-20
Matt Scoggins, 2019-20