Purpose of the Advancement Board
The purpose of the CSE Advancement Board is to advance the mission of Western Washington University’s College of Science and Engineering. As advocates for the college, the board will assist in fundraising, communication, and outreach that will connect the college to resources and promote its future success.
Mission of the Advancement Board
The Mission of the Board is to support the College of Science and Engineering in three main areas:
- Partner with the dean and director of development to increase public and private financial support for college programs, students and faculty.
- Support the college through making annual contributions that are personally significant and meaningful, or by taking a leadership role in making a major gift.
- Serve as an ambassador for the college within one’s spheres of influence.
- Promote and support the college’s strategic priorities by increasing its visibility as a recognized leader in research and education, and its’ contributions to public higher education, K-12 education, the community and the State.
- Provide input to the dean of CSE and the director of development regarding general public perception of the college.
- Enhance opportunities for applied learning and authentic experiences for students including internships, student/company projects, and job connections.
- Make connections in order to enhance public and private partnerships.