Employer: Costco Wholesale
Title: Winter I.T. Internship
This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world and the secret of Costco’s success is its culture. The value Costco puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our members come FIRST. Costco is well known for its generosity and community service and has won many awards for its philanthropy. The company joins with its employees to take an active role in volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others. In 2018, Costco contributed over $39 million to organizations such as United Way and Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
This is a TEMPORARY position. The Costco IT Division is inviting students currently enrolled in an IT undergraduate or graduate program at a community college, college or university to participate in a 12-week intern program during the winter of 2020. Interns will work within specific areas in Costco’s Information Systems Division. In addition, they will attend presentations given by various members of Executive Management from IT and other areas of the Company. Interns will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses. Housing is not provided.
If you want to be a part of one of the BEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be re-imagined.
- All Costco Winter I.T. Interns are expected to intern full-time for the entire term of the program of 12 weeks (not to exceed 90 days).
- Interns will be expected to work from approximately 8am - 5pm, Monday-Friday (schedule may vary by team)
- The Winter 2020 internship term runs from January 27, 2020 - April 17, 2020 (dates may be adjusted to accommodate different college schedules).
- Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location
- Teams requesting an intern include:
- Advanced Analytics
- Data Management Services
- Distribution Solutions
- Enterprise Automation Solutions
- eBusiness Development & QA
- Information Security & Compliance
- Middleware Services
- Mobile Development
- SAP HR
- Service Desk
- …and many more!
Location: Issaquah, Washington United States
Position Type: Internship
Desired Major(s): Science & Engineering/ Computer Science, Business and Economics / Decision Sciences
Salary Level: competitive with the market
Job Function: Computer Science/Statistics
- Must be maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must be students currently enrolled in an IT undergraduate or graduate program at a community college, college or university.
- Costco warehouse, Ecommerce or retail experience a plus.
How to Apply
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents
Note: All Costco Winter IT Intern Program participants must provide the following:
1. Current Resume
2. Cover Letter / Essay must include: Your answer should be between 300-500 words in length.
*In no more than 500 words, please describe why you are interested in applying for the Costco Winter I.T. Intern Program, what you expect to gain from participating in the program and how it may impact your future goals. Please include one or more examples of how you have already applied your skills, other than as a classroom assignment.
1. Internship Questionnaire (included in online application) - all questions must be answered
Dec 02, 2019