Position Title: Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Number of Positions: 1
Location: Bellingham, WA
Company Description: Raftelis was founded to provide services that help utilities function as sustainable organizations while providing the public with clean water at an affordable price. With this goal in mind, Raftelis has grown to become one of the largest and most respected utility financial, management, and technology consulting practices in the nation. Our continued mission is to deliver solutions that enhance the long-term success of our clients.
Job Summary: Working with a team of software developers, the Software Development Engineer in Test will be responsible for ensuring the quality of software deliverables to our consulting clients. This position will lead the manual and automated testing of software products and will review code for consistency, accuracy, and style. This position reports to the Director of Data Services.
- Create test plans and cases based upon products’ functional and technical requirements
- Test products under development and undergoing maintenance to identify deficiencies
- Design and develop automated test coverage for test cases
- Implement unit and integration tests
- Review code checked in to a version control system
- Identify and document bugs via a case management system
- Debrief with development staff on suggested improvements to code
- Collect quality data, identify quality KPIs, and report on quality to senior staff
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or technology-related field
- Proficiency with object-oriented programming languages, preferably C#
- Proficiency with relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL
- Experience with automated testing tools such as NUnit and Selenium
- Proficiency with version control systems such as Git
- Excellent written skills including reporting of analytical results
Rewards: Working for a values-based organization focused on growth with an exceptional reputation in its industry, employees receive:
- Competitive compensation and generous bonus structure
- Excellent benefits that include:
- Company paid medical and dental benefits
- Health Savings Account with company contributions
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision Insurance
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance and Employee Assistance Program
- Discretionary paid time off program and education reimbursement program
- 401(k) with company contributions
Additional Information: To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Raftelis is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and our sincere belief in the dignity of each employee, it is our policy to prohibit harassment based on race, national origin, color, age, sex, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual preference, medical condition, disability, religion, or veteran status.
To learn more about Raftelis and apply: Please visit www.raftelis.com.