IT Applications Developer
Smith Gardens, the largest annual and perennial grower in the Pacific Northwest, has an exciting opportunity for an IT Applications Developer to join our team at our home office in Bellingham, WA.
Smith Gardens is a wholesale nursery company that is headquartered in Bellingham, Washington, and has been family owned for over 100 years with facilities in three states.
The IT Applications Developer will create new technology solutions and modify existing solutions to improve business productivity and efficiency. This position includes productive problem solving, direct programming, encoding, testing, debugging and installation of code. The position will work collaboratively with our IT team, the business units and external vendors. The position requires both strong technical and business skills.
- Create new and modify existing line of business software applications
- Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality, application optimization and an excellent user experience
- Coordinate and manage assigned projects to successful outcomes
- Work to identify and eliminate data integrity issues within existing and new databases
- Support reporting and application integrations with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Provide technical expertise while identifying opportunities to enhance and improve systems
- Ensure developed applications adhere to regulatory requirements where applicable
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent creative problem solving abilities in a business software development environment
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong knowledge and experience using web services APIs (SOAP, RESTful)
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Angular mobile and web app development
- Ability to productively develop with Microsoft .Net, Visual Studio tools, SQL and T-SQL
- Solid knowledge of and experience with modern object-oriented programming language(s)
- Experience with native iOS and Android app development technologies
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a changing environment
- Solid technical understanding of client hardware and software used in a business environment
- Solid technical understanding of networking principles and technologies
- Experience using a version control system such as Microsoft TFS
- Baccalaureate degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years working experience in a software application development role
- Willingness to work overtime and occasionally outside of normal business hours
To learn more about our company & view a more detailed job description, visit our website at smithgardens.com/careers. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including immediate PTO accrual, Medical, Dental and Vision after 30 days plus matching 401(k) and Company-Paid LTD after one year.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Smith Gardens provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Bellingham, Washington United States
Full Time Job
Science & Engineering/ Computer Science / Computer Science
Desired Class Level(s)
$75-83k, Salaried, Non-Exempt, FT
Approximate Hours Per Week
< 10% Travel
Baccalaureate degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience
5+ years working experience in a software application development role
Willingness to work overtime and occasionally outside of normal business hours
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Apply on Website
Applications accepted via:
Jan 03, 2020
Jul 01, 2020