For the 2019-2020 academic year, students in our department may receive around $60,000 in scholarships, ranging from $1,000 - $6,000 each. These are scholarships that have been established by alumni & companies, intended for Computer Science and/or Cybersecurity students. The CS faculty form a Scholarship Selection Committee to review applications and select recipients. Recipients are announced at the annual CS Department Picnic in early June, the week before finals.
- You MUST be a declared CS or Cybersecurity major (undergraduate or graduate), by the start of the 2019 Fall quarter, to be eligible for scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic year. If you will not be a declared CS student by then, you may find other scholarship opportunities here.
- If you will be graduating in Fall 2019 or Winter 2020 - you can still apply! The full scholarship can get split across whatever quarters you will be attending.
- Students who have not yet been admitted to WWU, or who will not be declared majors by the start of the 2019 Fall quarter are not eligible.
- Some, but not all, of our scholarships have a criterion of "financial need," which is based on info from your FAFSA/WASFA. If you have not completed your FAFSA/WASFA, then you will not show up in the system as having any "financial need", and you will not be eligible for scholarships with a criterion of "financial need." To increase the number of scholarships you are eligible for, file your FAFSA/WASFA on time.
- A few of the scholarships have some other unique criteria, intended for US citizens, or women, or residents of Clallam County, or residents of Washington State, or for the child of single/divorced/widowed parents.
- Only one application needs to be submitted to be considered for as many departmental scholarships as you are eligible for.
- The application deadline for 2019 has passed. Please check back in April 2020 to apply for the next academic year.
- Recipients will be announced at the annual CS Department Picnic in early June 2019.
- Katelynn Manz, 360-650-2401, email@example.com, or stop by the CS department office in CF 495