What is Cybersecurity?
Through partnerships with some Washington Community Colleges, students can build directly upon their Associate's Degree to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity, preparing students for a career in preventing and responding to internet security breaches that threaten businesses, corporations, and the government.
Benefits & Career Outlook
A Cybersecurity degree provides graduates:
- A competitive edge in the job market
- Greater employment security
- Increased earning potential
- Career advancement
Graduates receive training for high-demand jobs in the following roles:
- Computer Network Security Administrator – establishes and implements security policies to monitor and protect networks against intrusion and provides strategies for recovery.
- Secure Software Development Specialist – advises software development teams on risk mitigation for common security vulnerabilities and monitors or audits software for proper use of security tools and techniques.
- Reactive Forensic Practitioner – investigates security breaches after the occurrence, recovers the organization’s assets and operability, and strengthens defenses to prevent future events.
- Proactive Forensic Practitioner – actively searches for potential breaches in security by identifying, capturing, and analyzing malware before it has a widespread impact.
Washington Community College Partnerships and Degrees
Click below to print a copy of each program’s transfer requirements.
- Edmonds Community College: Associate in Technical Arts | Degree in Cyber Defense and Digital Forensics
- Green River College: Associate in Applied Sciences - Transfer | Degree in Information Technology-Systems and Security
- Highline College: Associate of Applied Science | Degree in Network Security Engineer or | Degree in Digital Forensics & Investigations
- Lake Washington Institute of Technology: Associate of Applied Sciences | Degree in Computer Security and Network Technology
- Olympic College: Associate in Applied Sciences - Transfer | Degree in Information Technology-Security
- Peninsula College: Associate in Applied Sciences - Transfer | Degree in Cybersecurity and Computer Forensics
- Whatcom Community College: Associate in Applied Sciences - Transfer | Degree in Cybersecurity