Schedule an appointment with a Chemistry Department advisor.
- Click here for Phase I appointments
- Questions about the majors, declaring Phase I, and questions about applying to Phase II.
- Click here for Phase II appointments
- Questions about Phase II, declaring Phase II after admission to major, changing majors in Phase II.
Chemistry Office Resources
If you would like to declare Phase I or have a 1:1 meeting with an advisor, please schedule an appointment ahead of time.
- Program information for prospective students/majors
- Arrange visit to the department
- Transfer student advising
- Course registration information
- Major declaration process
- Senior graduation evaluation for chemistry major or minor
- GPA Calculator - For calculating your Major/Science GPA
- Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA-Lab Instructors) Office Hours
- Faculty Office Hours
Commonly used student forms:
- Request to declare Phase I (B.S. Chem, B.S. Biochem, B.A. Chem)
- Application to Phase II of the BS/BA-Chemistry and BS-Biochemistry Majors (processed only once yearly, due the first day of spring quarter)
- Request to Declare a Minor in Chemistry (Webform - for use if you have not yet declared your minor)
- Request for Major Evaluation for Graduation (Webform)
- Request for Minor Evaluation for Graduation (Webform - for use if you have already declared your minor and plan to graduate within 2 qtrs.)
Course Overrides and Access Forms
- CHEM 471 Access Request Form (NOT FOR BIOLOGY OR BIOCHEMISTRY MAJORS!)
- CHEM 474 Override Request Form (for Chemistry majors and outside departments only, Biochemistry majors do not use this form!)
- CHEM 464 Override Request Form (For B.S. Chemistry Phase II majors only - Winter 2020)
Chemistry Department Webforms
- Apply for Departmental Honors - Honors Research Thesis Project (Esign)
- Research Credit Permission Form (Independent Research, Work Experience, Intensive Writing)
- Transfer Equivalency Guide (Admissions)
- Transfer Equivalency Request Form (Webform)
- CSE Summer Fellowship Application 2020
To see a listing of chemistry courses at Western, please refer to Western's General Catalog.