***ATTENTION!! CHEM 121/122/123 will become CHEM 161/162/163 beginning Fall 2018!!***
- This will not effect any courses already completed at WWU.
- If you have completed any portion of General Chemistry as CHEM 121 or CHEM 122, you will be able to continue in CHEM 162 or CHEM 163.
- If you have satisfied the prerequisites to enroll in CHEM 121, you will still be able to register for CHEM 161.
- This will not effect your prerequisites for future courses at WWU.
- If you have satisfied your course prerequisite with CHEM 121, CHEM 122 or CHEM 123 and the course now requires CHEM 161, CHEM 162 or CHEM 163; you have still satisfied your course prerequisite.
- This does not change current or previous equivalencies within WA state.
- CHEM&121 at WA state community colleges is still not equivalent to CHEM 121 at WWU.
- CHEM&121 at WA state community colleges is not equivalent to CHEM 161 at WWU.
Need to meet with the Departmental Advisor/Program Coordinator?
Click Here → Schedule an appointment with Stacey!
Chemistry Office Staff can help or provide information on any of the following:
- Program information for prospective students/majors.
- Arrange visit to the department.
- Transfer student advising (including transfer course evaluation).
- Course registration information.
- Course override requests (WEBFORM) for CHEM 436, 464, 465, & 474.
- Major declaration process.
- Senior graduation evaluation for chemistry major or minor.
- GPA Calculator - For calculating your Major/Science GPA.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA-Lab Instructors) Office Hours
Commonly used student forms:
- Course Pre-Application/Override Request (Webform)
- Research Credit Permission Form (Independent Research, Work Experience, Intensive Writing)
- Transfer Equivalency Request Form (Webform)
- Apply for Departmental Honors - Honors Research Thesis Project (Esign)
- Request for Major Evaluation for Graduation (Webform)
- Request to Declare a Minor in Chemistry (Webform - for use if you have not yet declared your minor)
- Request for Minor Evaluation for Graduation (Webform - for use if you have already declared your minor and plan to graduate within 2 qtrs.)
- Application to Phase II of the BS/BA-Chemistry and BS-Biochemistry Majors (processed only once yearly, due the first day of spring quarter)
- Phase II Application - Writing Prompts (You may want to type your responses to these prompts ahead of time, to paste into your webform application.)
To see a listing of chemistry courses at Western, please refer to Western's General Catalog.