Information about registration

Check your WWU Student email for registration announcements via Canvas.  If you are not on our Canvas mailing list, please request an invitation by emailing  Students are responsible for knowing and understanding all university and departmental registration policies.

If you are looking for information about when registration is happening or when important registration deadlines occur, please click the Important Registration Dates Calendar on the WWU Registrar website.

Chemistry Override Request/Pre-Application Webform:  Use to pre-apply for overrides into CHEM 436, 464, 465 & 474.  Read the instructions and policies very carefully.

Chemistry Variable Credit/Research Permission Esign Form:  Use to request an override for enrollment in Independent Research and Variable Credit Courses for Graduate and Undergraduate students.  Pay close attention to the instructions.

Registration Restrictions:  Many courses are restricted.  These restrictions can be limited by registration date, major department and major status (Phase I vs. Phase II).  Changing your major is not a solution to registration restriction issues and will not allow immediate enrollment in major restricted courses.  Changing your major is a multi-department process and will not be immediately reflected in your student record.

Transfer Equivalencies: If you have chemistry credits from another institution (outside Washington State) please use the Transfer Equivalency Request esign form to initiate transfer credit review.  In order to determine course equivalencies, a syllabus from each course is required.  Please review the instructions on the form very carefully.  All public institutions in Washington State have already been evaluated for equivalencies.  These outcomes can be viewed online at the Transfer Equivalency Guide on the Admissions website. 

For detailed Departmental Registration Policies, please see our "Policies and Procedures" tab on this webpage.