The Chemistry department utilizes the Facilities Online Manager (FOM) software suite for scheduling equipment, tracking user status, granting lab access, keeping track of training, and much more. Any equipment that is managed by FOM can be accessed through one user portal governed by WWU's CAS login.
Faculty, staff, and students of WWU who wish to utilize the Department's instrumentation must first create a FOM account.
Creating User Account on FOM
- Go to the WWU portal for FOM.
- Select “Click here to login with WWU ID if you are a member of WWU.” A WWU Universal Login page will open. Enter your Western credentials.
- Fill out the User Registration form and select submit.
- Once you have entered the required budget information select “User Home" from the navigation panel on the left. This will take you to the User Home Page where you will see a list of Available Instruments on the right. Registration is not complete until you apply to use an instrument. Select the desired instrument(s) from the list on the right. Only apply for those instruments you intend to use. Note: If the account warning window persists, log out of FOM -- log back in and then return to the User Home Page.
- A message will be sent to staff and your account activated. Once activated, you will see the requested instrument names listed on the left side of the User Home Page.
- Once given access to an instrument, you may have to log out and back in for it to show as available to you.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.