College of Science & Engineering


Looking for Undergraduate Advising Documents?  You can find them on the Undergraduate Advising page!

Chemistry Advising Commonly Used Forms and Documents

All chemistry and biochemistry majors are assigned and required to meet with a faculty advisor. The faculty advisor assists students with developing a personalized plan of study to meet their particular needs, career, and educational goals.  Their advisor serves as their primary academic contact point within the Department.  Students will not be officially declared until they meet with their faculty advisor and submit their plan of study.

Chemistry Minors are advised by the Departmental Advisor/Program Coordinator.  Please see the Minor Advising page on this website. 

Graduate Students are advised by the Graduate Advisor, Dr. James Vyvyan, in conjunction with their faculty primary investigators, the Graduate School, and the Chemistry Departmental Advisor/Program Coordinator.  Please see the Masters Students page(s) on this website.

To officially be assigned a chemistry faculty advisor, students should schedule an appointment with the Program Coordinator (link to online calendar provided above) and fill out forms declaring either a chemistry or biochemistry major. Requests to declare a major in the Chemistry Department are not processed during registration times.  Declarations and assignment of faculty advisors takes place during intercessions only.  Declaring a major/minor in the Chemistry Department will not solve your registration issues, please plan ahead.  Chemistry Office Staff can also help answer any questions you may have.  Pre-Professional Pathways also offers pre-healthcare professions advising for students interested in pursuing a career in medicine.

Advising Documents for Masters and Minor Students

Masters of Chemistry Students ⇔ Click to be directed to the Graduate Student page of this site.

Minor in Chemistry Students  ⇔ Click to be directed to the Minor Advising page of this site.