Chemistry Advising Information
Review our Majors Information Forum for information about applying to be a major in the Chemistry Department. All chemistry and biochemistry majors are required to meet with a program coordinator to declare Phase I. Students are then assigned and required to meet with a faculty advisor prior to being officially declared into Phase I. The faculty advisor assists students with developing a personalized plan of study to meet student's particular needs, career, and educational goals. Faculty advisors serve as students' primary academic contact point within the Department. Students will not be officially declared until they meet with their faculty advisor and submit their plan of study.
Click here for Phase I appointments. Questions about the majors, declaring Phase I, and questions about applying to Phase II.
Click here for Phase II appointments. Questions about Phase II, declaring Phase II after admission to major, changing majors in Phase II.
Minors are advised by the Departmental Advisors/Program Coordinators. Please see the Minor Advising page on this website.
Graduate Students are advised by the Graduate Advisor, Dr. James Vyvyan, in conjunction with their faculty primary investigators, the Graduate School, and the Chemistry Departmental Advisors/Program Coordinators. Please see the Masters Students page(s) on this website.
Chemistry Advising Commonly Used Forms and Documents
- Chemistry Department Declaration Process
- Math Placement and Science Prerequisite Flowcharts (NEW!! Includes info on new ALEKS Math Placement Assessment!)
- Information for Entering Majors
- Approved Advanced Electives for BS Chemistry and Biochemistry Majors
- Chemistry Transfer Credit Equivalency Review Request (Webform)
- Registration Restrictions 2018-19
- Waitlist Information
- WWU Baccalaureate Degree Checklist
Course Overrides and Access Forms
- CHEM 471 Access Request Form (NOT FOR BIOLOGY OR BIOCHEMISTRY MAJORS!)
- CHEM 474 Override Request Form (for Chemistry majors and outside departments only, Biochemistry majors do not use this form!)
- CHEM 464 Override Request Form (For B.S. Chemistry Phase II majors only - Winter 2020)
- Research Credit Permission Form (Independent Research, Work Experience, Intensive Writing)
Chemistry Department Webforms
- Apply for Departmental Honors - Honors Research Thesis (Esign)
- Request Major Evaluation for Graduation
- Request Minor Evaluation for Graduation
- Declare Phase I (B.S. Chem, B.S. Biochem, B.A. Chem)
- Application to Phase II of the BS/BA-Chemistry and BS-Biochemistry Majors (processed only once yearly, due the first day of spring quarter)
- Apply for Departmental Honors - Honors Research Thesis Project (Esign)