Looking for Undergraduate Advising Documents? You can find them on the Undergraduate Advising page!
Need to meet with the Departmental Advisor/Program Coordinator?
Chemistry Advising Commonly Used Forms and Documents
All chemistry and biochemistry majors are assigned and required to meet with a faculty advisor. The faculty advisor assists students with developing a personalized plan of study to meet their particular needs, career, and educational goals. Their advisor serves as their primary academic contact point within the Department. Students will not be officially declared until they meet with their faculty advisor and submit their plan of study.
Chemistry Minors are advised by the Departmental Advisor/Program Coordinator. Please see the Minor Advising page on this website.
Graduate Students are advised by the Graduate Advisor, Dr. John Antos, in conjunction with their faculty primary investigators, the Graduate School, and the Chemistry Departmental Advisor/Program Coordinator. Please see the Masters Students page(s) on this website.
To officially be assigned a chemistry faculty advisor, students should schedule an appointment with the Program Coordinator (link to online calendar provided above) and fill out forms declaring either a chemistry or biochemistry major. Requests to declare a major in the Chemistry Department are not processed during registration times. Declarations and assignment of faculty advisors takes place during intercessions only. Declaring a major/minor in the Chemistry Department will not solve your registration issues, please plan ahead. Chemistry Office Staff can also help answer any questions you may have. Pre-Professional Pathways also offers pre-healthcare professions advising for students interested in pursuing a career in medicine.
- Chemistry Department Declaration Process
- Math Placement and Science Prerequisite Flowcharts (NEW!! Includes info on new ALEKS Math Placement Assessment!)
- Information for Entering Majors
- Chemistry Transfer Credit Equivalency Review Request (Webform)
- Registration Restrictions 2018-19
- Waitlist Information
- WWU Baccalaureate Degree Checklist
- Apply for Departmental Honors - Honors Research Thesis (Esign)
- Request Major Evaluation for Graduation
- Request Minor Evaluation for Graduation
- Application to Phase II of the BS/BA-Chemistry and BS-Biochemistry Majors (processed only once yearly, due the first day of spring quarter)
- CHEM 471 Access Request Form (NOT FOR BIOLOGY OR BIOCHEMISTRY MAJORS!)
Advising Documents for Masters and Minor Students
Masters of Chemistry Students ⇔ Click to be directed to the Graduate Student page of this site.
Minor in Chemistry Students ⇔ Click to be directed to the Minor Advising page of this site.