Educational & Professional Experience
Selected Awards & Honors
- Ross Travel Grant ($350) for travel to the 2017 Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology meeting in New Orleans, LA, to give an oral presentation. Award provided by Western Washington University.
- Dean Metter Memorial Award ($1,000) provided by the Society for the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles.
- “Best Presentation” Award for oral presentation at the 2016 Western Washington University Graduate Student Conference.
- Research assistantship ($2,000) in summer of 2015, provided by Western Washington University to aid Dr. Roger Anderson while conducting field research and teaching a field research course.
- Thon Summer Support Fund ($2,048) in the summer of 2015, provided by Western Washington University.
- Fund for the Enhancement of Graduate Research ($1,000) in spring of 2015, provided by Western Washington University.
I am interested in thermal biology, and in particular how ectothermic animals use behavior and physiology to thermoregulate in different thermal environments. I am studying lizards, as they are the most adept ectothermoregulators of the terrestrial vertebrates and can be found in a wide variety of climate types.