Become a student affiliate of AMSEC!
The Advanced Materials Science and Engineering Center (AMSEC) has long had faculty "members" whose research is related to materials science or engineering and who participate in AMSEC events, use our research facilities and use our resources to fund their research. Now it's your turn! We are introducing a Student Membership program in AMSEC. To apply is simple - fill out membership application form, ask your advisor to sign it, and drop the form off at the AMSEC office in ES131.
Who should apply?
- Graduate and undergraduate students who are engaged in research with (or facilitated by) a faculty member at WWU, and whose research overlaps with materials science or engineering. Ask your advisor if you're not sure.
When can you apply?
- Membership applications are accepted at any time.
What are the benefits?
- Access to research funding opportunities
- Invitations to social, networking, and professional activities (free food)!
- A line on the CV!
What are the responsibilities?
- Student members can be as involved as much or as little as they choose to be! There will be no pressure to participate in any particular activity or opportunity, and you will not lose your membership if you do not participate.